In line with our university’s vision, mission, goals and corporate quality objectives, the counseling and Testing Center (CATC) commits itself to the following specific objectives:
- To actively participate in promoting university image through the implementation of innovative and effective career guidance, testing programs and dynamic student-friendly counseling services that are aimed to increase students’ admission, students’ satisfaction and retention rate.
- To be the focal center of the university’s holistic development of it’s students that will ensure their spiritual, moral and social values through identified student’s organizations, innovative guidance, counseling and testing services and programs, and the continuous training and development of CATC human resource, in close coordination with the Deans and other departments of the institution.
- To actively support LPU’s quality assurance programs such as accreditation, QMS, 5S, IIP, COE, CODE and other programs through the sustainable services and activities provided by the Counseling and Testing Center.
- To actively participate in research function of the university through the conduct of relevant researches and surveys that aim to continuously improve the academic performance of the students and the university as a whole.
- The activities are geared towards the development of students’ unique potentials.
- Students with presenting problems are viewed as individuals having normal reactions to difficult or unusual situations.
- We recognize individual differences and the individual’s right to chose and decide for himself/herself.
- We involve the family members in handling student cases whenever the need arises.
- Confidentiality is strictly observed.
- Pyschological tests are used as one of the tools of assessment.
- Programs are flexible in terms of individual and institutional needs.
- Program of researches and evaluation is conducted and the results are made accessible for counseling and academic enhancement purposes.